Friday, November 16, 2007

Kampala


Safe arrival in Kampala and staying at a hotel in the downtown area. Unfortunately I developed a cold with lots of snot. Here I expected to contract malaria or a hemorrhagic fever or some other exciting disease, and I contracted a cold. It must have been the days spent seeing kids, who are excellent culture media for all the cold viruses.

Kampala is a big complicated city, though staying in the city center where business people and tourists stay doesn't let on. It's very clean and neat. Some of this is likely from the preparations for the upcoming CHOGM event, for which the government has been cleaning up. In particular they have fixed up the airport road to Entebbe, though there was flooding over the weekend that hopefully the queen doesn't notice (or does).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott - Can't wait to see you next week. I understand you are going to raft down the Nile Sunday. How big is the river down in Uganda?

Anyway safe rafting and have a safe trip traveling back to the US.

Cya Dad

Liana said...

Did you enjoy the rafting? How are you travels so far? I hope you get a chance to relax and surf the internet while you are in Brussels. I keep telling Coca that you are coming home tomorrow, but she doesn't seem to grasp the concept.

Coca became even more vocal while you were gone. When your mom visited here last weekend, Coca spent about ten minutes cuddling her and making excited whimpering sounds. Coca's tail also acted like a little propeller to express her happiness. She is going to put on quite a show when you return tomorrow!

I am so excited to see you tomorrow, too! I'll park and meet you by the baggage area in Madison. Please just send me a text message when your flight boards from O'Hare to Madison.