Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Uganda Trip

So I'm going back to Uganda for about 2 and a half weeks. I'm currently waiting for the flight from Amsterdam to Entebbe. Entebbe is the city right next to Kampala, the capital of Uganda, and it is where the airport is located. The initial part of my itinerary will be spent visiting Makerere University and Mulago Hospital in Kampala. During my last trip I did not have the opportunity to visit these places, as I was in Mbarara through most of that trip. Currently there is a colleague of mine from the UW nursing school there, and I'm expecting to run into another colleague on the flight into Entebbe who works in UW's population health department. There is also a group of undergraduates traveling with other faculty throughout Uganda. So there are quite a few connections between UW and Uganda. More updates to follow - hopefully with photos.

2 comments:

Scott, Liana, Coca, Linden, and Emmett said...

That's great news! Hope you have safely arrived at your hotel by now.
--LL

Anonymous said...

Safe travels, Scott.